HUMC Music Ministries
HUMC offers several ways in which to volunteer to serve through music :
- Vocal Ensemble: Our chorale is a vocal ensemble of 8 to 12 voices who practice on designated Sunday afternoons and Wednesday evenings (see church calendar for specific dates) in preparation for anthems at the Sunday 8:30am traditional service. This voluntary group is open to ages 16 and up, and practices in the Music Room.
- Spring and Christmas Chorales: This group of volunteers rally around seasonal productions such as Christmas Cantatas and specially prepared music for Lent/Easter season. It is open to ages 16 and up and rehearses in the Music Room.
- Ladies' Ensemble: This ensemble, comprised of 8 to 10 ladies, ages 16 and up, participate in leading songs at the 8:30am traditional service and offer anthems and offertories as well for that service. Rehearsals are held 9:30am to 10:15am in the Music Room on designated Sunday mornings (see church calendar for specific dates).
- Praise Band: This group of vocalists and instrumentalists are auditioned and selected to lead worship at the 10:30 service each Sunday morning. We are always looking for additional musicians for the Praise Team. This team practices at 5:00 each Wednesday evening in the worship center (stage).
- Instrumentalists: We use instrumentalists, of any age, to enhance our worship services, for offertories, accompanying vocal groups and seasonal productions.
- Vocalists: We use vocal soloists often, of any age, for such things as anthems, offertories, memorial services, seasonal and other special events.